direct chemical injury of cell membranes
– skin, eyes, URT, and oral cavity
– corrosives/caustics, phenols, aldehydes, alcohols,
– petroleum distillates, heavy metal salts
epithelial necrosis by systemic toxicosis causing energy def
– metabolicaly active cells (renal, liver, marrow, GI)
compete with endogenous substates at binding sites
– oxalic acid
excessive levels of nutrients: Vit D, selenium, and iodine
– same organs affected by deficiencies
– heavy metals, dioxins, and mycotoxins
legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus
We are slaves of the law in order that we may be able to be free.
non semper erit aestas
It will not always be summer
ne quid nimis
Nothing in excess.
nosce te ipsum
omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis
All things change, and we change with them
quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Who will watch the watchers themselves?
respice, adspice, prospice
Examine the past, examine the present, examine the future
sic transit gloria mundi
So passes away earthly glory
ut sementem feceris ita metes
As you sow so will you reap.